APPLY TO SESSION
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for Session applications has been extended until February 14 at 11:59pm EST. Detailed instructions on how to apply are below.
Applicants must submit an application via the Submittable website (you must create an account if you do not already have one).
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION (Please save each component as an individual file named with your first initial, last name, and description. Ex: jsmith_proposal, jsmith_budget, etc.):
- Project Proposal: Your proposal should be less than 1000 words and should not exceed two pages of 12-point, single-spaced type. This document can also include up to 4 embedded renderings or images of proposed installation (optional but encouraged). Please save your proposal as a .doc or .pdf file. Your proposal should include and/or address:
• General project information (materials, scale, conceptual and technical goals, etc.)
• A visual description of WHAT OUR SPACE WILL LOOK LIKE throughout your Session. Think about questions such as: What, physically, will be present? How will the components evolve during your Session? What function (if any) will the physical elements have? Please consult the floor plan and images of our space when conceptualizing your project. Renderings are helpful in demonstrating this area, but not required
• Your specific interest in staging your project within the context of Session at Recess
• Desired Length of Session (Sessions are generally 2 months long. If you require a different length, please explain)
• Proposed means of public engagement
- Proposed Budget: Budget should include an estimated total and an annotated list of possible expenditures (These need not be final numbers. If selected, budget will be discussed and potentially amended with Recess staff)
- Work Samples: Documentation should show work created within the past two years. Media files should be titled with your first initial, last name, and number: ex.: jsmith1.jpg, jsmith2.jpg. Video and audio submissions must be Mac compatible. Each clip will be viewed for no longer than 3 minutes. Please submit no less than 5 and no more than 10 work samples (images, videos, or audio samples). Please note the following technical specifications:
• Images should be submitted as Jpegs images, 72 DPI resolution minimum, no dimension exceeding 1,000 pixels
• Video or audio samples should be sent as links to online work embedded in a .doc or .pdf file (preferred) OR as quicktime files no larger than 3 MB
- Work Descriptions/Image List/Video List: A numbered list of images, audio samples, and/or videos with title, year, size, and medium of work. Include a brief (2-3 sentences) description of work if necessary
- Resume or CV
- References: Please note that you will be prompted to submit references within the Submittable interface; you will NOT need to upload a separate file with reference information. You should be prepared to provide contact information (email and phone numbers) for at least 2 people who can speak on behalf of you and your work
If you have any technical problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 646.863.3765. We will not be able to answer inquiries after 6pm EST on February 14, so we encourage you to submit your application early in order to have the opportunity to address technical issues.