APPLY TO SESSION
Recess is accepting applications via our application portal through 11:59 pm EST on March 16, 2016. Please read about the application and application process below.
UPDATE, FEB 27, 2016: Webpage appearance has changed, but content and application instructions remain the same.
Applicants must submit an application via the Submittable website (you must create an account if you do not already have one).
The application requires the following items saved as individual files named with your first initial, last name, and description. Ex: jsmith_proposal, jsmith_budget, etc.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE INCLUDED IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- Project Proposal: Your proposal, including all text and up to 4 renderings or images of proposed installation (optional but encouraged), should be less than 1000 words and should not exceed two pages of 12-point, single-spaced type. Please save your proposal as a .doc or .pdf file. Your proposal should include and/or address:
• General project information (materials, scale, conceptual and technical goals, etc.)
• A visual description of WHAT OUR SPACE WILL LOOK LIKE throughout your Session. What, physically, will be in the space? How will it evolve during your Session? Renderings are helpful, but not required
• Specific interest in Session at Recess
• Desired Length of Session (generally, Sessions are 2 months long. If you require a different length, please explain)
• Proposed means of public engagement
- Proposed Budget: Estimated total and annotated list of possible expenditures (These need not be final numbers. If selected, budget will be discussed and potentially amended with Recess staff)
- Work Samples: Documentation should show work created within the past two years and/or renderings of proposed project. Media files should be titled with your first initial, last name, and number: ex.: jsmith1.jpg, jsmith2.jpg. Video and audio submissions must be Mac compatible. Each clip will be viewed for no longer than 3 minutes. Please submit work samples according to one of the following options:
• 10 Jpeg images (12 images if applying as a group), at 72 DPI resolution minimum, no dimension exceeding 1,000 pixels
• OR up to 2 video or audio samples sent as links to online work (preferred) or as quicktime files no larger than 3 MB (each clip will be viewed for no longer than 3 minutes) AND up to 8 Jpeg images (10 images if applying as a group)
- Work Descriptions/Image List/Video List: A numbered list of images, audio, or videos with title, year, size, and medium of work. Include a brief (2-3 sentences) description of work if necessary
- Resume or CV
- References: Contact information for at least 2 people who can speak on behalf of you and your work
If you have any technical problems or questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 646.863.3765.